Mergers and acquisitions
Our Corporate Law team advises its clients on all types of mergers or acquisitions, including the takeover, sale or buying of companies or assets in particular.
Our firm provides support in each and every step of the operation, including:
- Assistance and advising in the structuring of the operation in terms of legal, tax and employment matters;
- Conducting pre-acquisition audits, organisation of data rooms;
- Assistance in identifying and monitoring risks inherent to the activity or to the operation;
- Contract negotiation: drafting and negotiating the legal documentation for acquisitions, investments (letter of intent, acquisition contract, guarantee agreement, shareholders’ agreement) and funding (senior credit facilities agreement, mezzanine loan agreement, subordination agreement, securities);
- Assistance with applying specific regulations, (antitrust laws, specific characteristics of the sector of activity concerned by the operation) and coordination of relations with administrative authorities and market regulatory authorities.
On an international level, we regularly assist foreign companies seeking to establish themselves or make investments in France, and we also assist French investors who want to expand beyond France.
Moreover, we assist in capitalist and operational partnerships through joint-venture agreements or shareholders’ agreements, up to planning the eventual exit terms.